Anyone can catch the flu. The flu strikes without warning and symptoms can be severe and life-threatening. To protect both you and your loved ones the Lorain County General Health District (LCGHD) will provide the flu vaccine this fall and throughout the flu season.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a flu vaccine as the first and best way to protect yourself and your family. They also recommend that all persons 6 months of age and older receive a flu vaccine.
LCGHD Health Commissioner, David Covell, MPH, RS, announced flu shot clinic dates and locations for the 2017 flu season, listed below.
- Thursday, Oct. 26, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Lorain County Fairgrounds, 23000 Fairgrounds Rd., Wellington
- Monday, Oct. 30, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
N. Ridgeville Senior Center, 7327 Avon Belden Rd., N. Ridgeville
- Tuesday, Oct. 31, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Columbia Township Fire Department, 25540 Royalton Rd., Columbia Station
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Amherst VFW, 165 Cleveland Ave., Amherst
- Saturday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
New Russia Township Hall, 46300 Butternut Ridge Rd., Oberlin
- Monday, Nov. 6, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Avon Lake Old Fire House, 100 Avon Belden Rd., Avon Lake
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
United Methodist Church, 105 W. Main St., LaGrange
- Monday, Nov. 13, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon
Come to flu shot clinics prepared using these steps at home:
- Fill out your flu registration form online at LorainCountyFlu.com/FluRegistrationForm.
- Print the completed form and bring it with you.